I've been using a floppy based Bering uLibC for some time now and am
very impressed with it. To speed up booting I'd like to install it on a
CF card and have pretty much followed the instructions in the docs, but
can't get it to boot.

The card is recognised by the bios and I've set the boot order to
floppy, then ide. I've downloaded the ide  initrd.lrp and put it onto a
spare Leaf floppy. I can boot from this floppy and the CF card is
recognised and I can mount it on /mnt. The firewall runs fine from the
floppy. I've copied the files from the floppy to the cf and updated the
leaf.cfg and syslinux.cfg files to reflect  the package paths, and run
syslinx.com (3.31) from a dos floppy to put the system on the cf.

If I try to boot from the cf the system just hangs and doesn't get to
the 'SYSLINUX.......'  line. I'd be grateful for any ideas, please!

Jim Ford