Eric Spakman wrote:
> Hi Jim,
>
> Grep isn't used in ntpdate, or do you start it from webconf? In that case
> please update to Bering-uClibc-3.0 beta2 which fixes a problem like this
> with webconf.
>
> Also note that ntpdate is depricated upstream. Together with Erich Titl I
> created a new ntpd package which will replace both ntpdate and ntpsimpl
> but is somewhat bigger (will be commited soon). You can also use the
> openntpd package, which is a lot smaller.
>
> Eric
>

>> I've just noticed that I'm getting the following message in connection
>> with my ntpdate startup:
>>
>> grep: /etc/init.d/init.d: No such file or directory grep:
>> /etc/init.d/init.d: No such file or directory
>>

>> I've had a look around to see if I can spot where the problem lies, but
>> with no luck. Ideas anyone, please?
>>

>> Jim Ford

Thanks for the reply Eric.

I've upgraded to Bering-uClibc-3.0 beta2 (I think!).
My system is running on a CF card and to upgrade I downloaded the beta2
floppy and mounted it on /mnt. I then ran 'apkg -u' on each of the
packages on the floppy. I then unmounted the floppy and ran lrpkg to
save the config and modules to the CF card and rebooted.  Is this the
way it should be done - as there is no confirmation of the distribution
number either through the web page or by ssh, I can't really tell?  I
suspect I haven't done a proper upgrade!

Jim Ford