Hi Jim,

> Thanks for the reply Eric.
>
> I've upgraded to Bering-uClibc-3.0 beta2 (I think!).
> My system is running on a CF card and to upgrade I downloaded the beta2
> floppy and mounted it on /mnt. I then ran 'apkg -u' on each of the packages
> on the floppy. I then unmounted the floppy and ran lrpkg to save the
> config and modules to the CF card and rebooted.  Is this the way it should
> be done - as there is no confirmation of the distribution number either
> through the web page or by ssh, I can't really tell?  I suspect I haven't
> done a proper upgrade!

You should copy the new packages to the storage media and run apkg -u, I
think you missed that step. Now the old packages are still on CF and will
be used again when you reboot.
We are thinking about a way to (optional) automatically copying the new
packages to the storage media when doing a apkg -u.

You are right about a distribution number, but because a version is just a
combination of specific packages (and some of the packages don't change
between a release) it's difficult to implement. We could display the
version of initrd.lrp, this is still no guarantee that all packages are
properly updated, but better than nothing.

The version info is available in /etc/issue

> Jim Ford

Eric Spakman