Hi all Bering-users and in particular Erich Titl,

my problem with rdate has been solved since the
posting
of Erich Titl made thinking matters through. It turned
out I had forgotten it is port 37/tcp , i.e. time,
which is used by rdate. My focus was on ntp 123/tcp
all the time as I tried to figure things out on my
own.

On the other hand, one interesting phenomenon did turn

up from this: every entry in shorewall.log reporting

    REJECT  TCP   (whatever)   37

has time stamp  Jan 1 00:00:00, but every entry
before and after retain very plausable time stamps.
Is this to be expected?

  Regards
           Mats E Andersson

kalender. Dessutom 250 MB gratis, virusscanning och antispam. Få den på:
http://se.mail.yahoo.com