Hi Jan

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi Erich
>
>> Did you look at the log files? Do those pings appear there? If not, is
>> unlikely it is the firewall.
> I did, but It's very confusing. As far as I can analize the log file, there
> is no sign of my ping. But at the moment I'm at work, so I will double check
> this in a few hours when I'm back at home.
>
>> Please look at shorewall status for iptables settings.
> This is something I don't understand. Because the: /sbin/shorewall status
> just tell's me that shorewall is up. (see my first mail. It's somewhere
> between all the info) And I expected a litle more info from that command.
>
> How can I check the iptables settings because I understand that shorewall is
> an wrap around iptables.

shorewall status _used_to_display_ the iptables with counters and active
connections. But you can use the iptables command just as well.

> So when it's not a firewall problem, where would you start looking for the
> problem?

You are probably right, but your shorewall rules file looks OK to me in
that aspect. You can try tcpdump on the various interfaces to see where
your packets go and if you expect them to go that way. Look in your logs
if you have any iptables related information there. If not, check your
logging settings.

cheers

Erich