Problems with  uploading  from local IP to fw ftp server:

FTP/ACCEPT    loc               fw

Were resolved when I did

chown 777 /home/ftp.
Even though I have  rule:

FTP/ACCEPT     net             fw
I can still only get to handshake (socket connected, waiting for welcome
message)
ftp modules are loaded by default in BeringU.

After adding jbd.o no more problems with mounting hdd formated as ext3. I'm
getting there.
 I'm not sure how to use packages libpcap and tcpdump on BeringU box. I checked
shorewall logs it doesn't block connection from my outside ip.
Thanks for all the help.
Andrey