Harry Lachanas wrote:

> I got a bit confused with "Extended MARK Target"
>

> Is this capability available with 2.4.xx kernels ???

As I mentioned when you asked on the Shorewall list, I can't answer that one.

> If yes which module is required??

Extended mark support is not a separate module. It's a capability supported
by later versions of ipt_MARK (and by xt_MARK). It allows manipulating the
current packet mark using logical AND and OR.

You can test for the capability this way:

        iptables -t mangle -N foo
        iptables -t mangle -A foo -j MARK --and-mark 0xFF"

If you get an error such as:

        iptables vx.y.z: Unknown arg `--and-mark'

then your iptables doesn't support the capability. If you get some sort of
'Invalid argument' error, then it is the kernel that lacks the support.

-Tom
Shoreline,     \ http://shorewall.net
Washington USA  \ [EMAIL PROTECTED]