J.L. Blom wrote:
> Giovanni,
> How do you do that? (short of making some hardware to connect an
> USB-stick or flashcard to an IDE interface).
> Joep
>
> On Wed, 2007-07-18 at 11:31 +0200, giovanni wrote:

>> J.L. Blom wrote:

>>> Using a floppy is the only way old systems can be used as a firewall
>>> (except using a HD, which in my opinion is more vulnerable, or a CD,
>>> which is cumbersome when you want to change things).
>>> Joep
>>>

>> I used many times a Compact Flash on an IDE Adaptor.
>> It works fine on 486 too: the PC see it as an HD.
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> Giovanni

Here is a link for you

http://www.pcengines.ch/cflash.htm

The installations that I prefer are
boot from CDROM
Read config from USB stick the one that has the write protection switch
on it.
Now this is quite secure, all media being read only, plus the fact that
I can have tons of extra packages on USB.

I Recently  bought my Dell laptop went home and tried to find the floppy
slot ....... surprise !!!! there was none.

Harry