[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>> Lets make a poll to find out how many of us are booting bering from a
>> floppy and decide from there.
>
> I still favor & use Bering 1.2 floppies.  I like the security of the
> write-protect slider.  And part of the idea about Linux, and Bering firewalls
> in particular, is repurposing old hardware for a new & useful task.  It's not
> so hard to find boxes of an appropriate horsepower for the task that came
> with floppies.
>

> Paul Rogers  ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
> http://www.xprt.net/~pgrogers/
> Rogers' Second Law: "Everything you do communicates."
> (I do not personally endorse any additions after this line. TANSTAAFL :-)

This is a spinoff from some other list?

Anyhuu, my poor old 486/50 @ 16MB has been running for years (5+) with
just a floppy drive.

I have not found a suitable as easy way to run this firewall. Somewhere
in boxes there is IDE-CompactFlash adapter but never get around to
making it work...

What's the back story here?

-Marko