Muiz Motani wrote:

> Can you tell us where we can order the Nexcom systems from and how much
> they cost?
They have local distributors (which they are for your country should be
available on their website at www.nexcom.com - but beware, it seems this
is a "IE only" site - it seems to be utterly broken using firefox). I've
ordered through nexcom uk in the past (before they had a distributor for
Germany), and the people were quick to respond and very helpful. If
nothing else, Nexcom CN/US/UK/JP should be able to tell you who your
local distributor is, depending on your location.
I agree that it's a little annoying to not be able to find prices online
- but that's just the way the handle things.

> Also, has anybody done any analysis to see if these systems
> are overkill? LEAF should not need Xeon processors, even for 24 Gbit
> ports.
I don't know if it's overkill - trying to firewall 24 GBit ports without
specialized hardware is going to be a major challenge for any CPU
available these days (IMHO) - that is, if the IO subsystem were able to
actually handle 24 GBit ports at full speed. Besides, CPUs are
relatively cheap these days - so why not get something that might be
overkill? I don't know the prices for their high end boxes, but a box
that offers 24 GBit ports is going to be a lot more expensive than what
even the best CPUs cost these days. Besides, they also seem to have
stuff for Pentium III, Pentium 4 and Pentium M - so there should be
something for all needs, regarding number of ports, CPU power and so on.

In short, just contact them for a quote for the box(es) you're
interested in, and they'll either tell you directly, or they'll forward
your request to your local distributor (who will hopefully respond quickly)

HTH,

Martin