Hi

marvin horst wrote:
I forgot to mention I'm using Bering 3.1 which I believe has kernel 2.4.34

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 2:49 PM, marvin horst <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I have a mini-itx box with a Gigabit 3 port daughter board from Jetway that
is about 1 year old and is working fine using the r8169 network module.

I am upgrading some older boxes to an identical setup. The r8169 driver
won't load for the newer daughter boards.

The new boards are using the
RTL8110SC chip I'm not sure what chip my original box has, but I don't thing
it's the same one.

Is there a newer version of this driver available that works with the new
chip or will I have to compile my own?

That is the most independent way.

I haven't done any development on
Bering, what would be the minimum development enviroment that I need to
setup in order to compile this driver?

You need the Bering development environment, then you need to build a target for this driver within this environment.

I had a look at the realtek site. They provide a common driver for 2.4 and 2.6 called r8169. It appears to be a backport of the 2.6 driver.

cheers

Erich