Vanja Milosevski wrote:
> What's the exact procedure of installing these modules in the
> configuration wizard?
editing the file modules using the menu, then save all from menu, then
reboot the firewall

> As I did uncommented those in the conf file, however when I check
> lsmod once I restarted the machine they do not appear in the list.

have you saved the configuration ? pay attention: not the single file,
it is in RAM, but the configuration, from the menu.

> Also, does it make much difference whether they are started at the
> beginning of the boot procedure or the end?
At the beginning, before the startup of shorewall.

> Because after I booted the
> system I tried loading them with insmod individually one-by-one but
> they cannot seem to recognize the card and when I type lsmod I get
> "unused" to appear infront of the activated modules.
this is interesting: using insmod to install mii, crc32 and 8139too has
no results ?
try to insmod these modules and then do /etc/init.d/network start to see
what happens ...

HTH

Giovanni