beautifully.  This is not a production box, I am using it as a test platform.
I am curious, has anyone tried making Madwifi work in this environment?

A few notes about my build-
#1 I am running VMWare server 1.05
#2 My LEAF version is 3.1 (Bering uClibc)
#3 My host OS is White Box Enterprise Linux 4 Respin 2 (Just like RHEL4 without
the logos)
#4 I followed the procedure to run LEAF on a hard drive.  I did not use a disk
image.  I have LOTS of room to add any packages. :-)

A few assumptions on my part
#1 The host OS needs to have the drivers loaded so the wireless NIC is detected
by the system.
#2 The VM will bridge the Wireless NIC to ath0 on the host.

My wireless NIC is "running" in the host.  That is the drivers are loaded.
However, I have not assigned it an IP address or set up AP mode. I set
onboot=no.  I did this solely so the VM could find a NIC interface to bridge to.

I have noticed that my wireless NIC is not found in the VM.  However, the exact
same setup in a physical machine works just fine.  Perhaps I am not loading the
correct driver for VMWare within LEAF?  I have noticed in several forums some
discussion of bridging and madwifi for VMWare.  The problem there was solved by
a patch- (comment out the following lines)

http://madwifi.org/ticket/407

from ath/if_ath.c : 663. #ifdef USE_HEADERLEN_RESV
664.    dev->hard_header_len += sizeof(struct ieee80211_qosframe) +
665.                            sizeof(struct llc) +
666.                            IEEE80211_ADDR_LEN +
667.                            IEEE80211_WEP_IVLEN +
668.                            IEEE80211_WEP_KIDLEN;
669. #ifdef ATH_SUPERG_FF
670.    dev->hard_header_len += ATH_FF_MAX_HDR;
671. #endif
672. #endif

Is it possible the driver that is included with the LEAF 3.1 distro doesn't
have this patch applied?  Maybe my problem lies somewhere else?  Any pointers
you can give are appreciated.  Thanks.

-Jeremy