Boris

Boris schrieb:
Hej all,

I'm trying to find out how to setup a special thing and need help at
this point. Hope to find it here....

Mhhhh... this is completely OpenVPN related, so the best answer canprobebly be found there.

So, what do I want and what did I do?
I want to make a Roadwarrior (in this case WinXP) connect to my
Bering-uclibc device through openvpn and have access to the LAN
(192.168.20.x) behind the Bering-Box AND access Internet through this
connection, too. In other words: I (as a travelling man) want to secure
connect to my remote LAN which is connected to the internet via
BeringBox. I also want to use the Internet from inside the LAN, not
directly, for it seems a lot safer behind the shorewall. Good idea?

This is what redirect-gateway is for.

Better use "redirect-gateway def1"

What happens?

I can bring the vpn up and have no longer access to the internet from
the client.

Look at your routing tables and the firewall settings on your server, also possibly the firewall settings in XP

I can ping IP adresses in the LAN, but have no name service
for the LAN. I have name service from the internet.

Which contradicts your statement above that you have no internet access.

Have you tried to check DNS using nslookup manually, specifying your server? Don't forget, XP may cache nameservices, this may be misleading.

If this does not help, the experts are on the OpenVPN list :-), I am lurking around there too.

cheers

Erich
Erich