Boris

Boris wrote:
> Hej listmembers,
>

> I need a user-usable (not shell) possibility to switch on a PC behind a
> leaf router in a remote LAN and I'm thinking of how to do.
>
> First idea was to create the magic paket by a protected webfrontend on a
> server in a different location but as far as I understand this magic
> paket is not routable to the target PC.
>
> So the next idea is to build a web frontend on the leaf box. I don't
> know yet about the capabilities of mhttpd. Is it possible (protection etc.)?

Mhttpd is a web server, period.

I would in any case use password protection on the URL and this, of
course, in https mode. Whatever other protection you think is necessary
you can do yourself on the respective web page.

I am running my mhttpds unprivileged and using sudo for critical parts,
this is not perfect but at least just breaking mhttpds does not give you
direct root access.

You could also use some form of knockd to trigger something to wake up
your PC. I have not done that but it might be possible.

cheers

Erich