> Stephen
>
> Stephen Lee wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've got a relatively old version of Bering-uClibc (2.3.1) but need to
>> install Openswan 2.4.5 from the Bering-UClib 2.x packages. The 2.4.5
>> ipsec.lrp package installs fine but it needs a version of ipsec.o
>> compiled
>> for the 2.xx Openswan. The ipsec.o that comes with 2.3.1 is compiled for
>> Openswan 1.99. Can someone show me where to get the alternate ipsec.o
>> for
>> the kernel 2.4.31?
>
> Why don't you just upgrade to a current version. Upgrading the ipsec
> configuration is rather trivial.
>
> cheers
>
> Erich

Hi Erich,

Because I'm a big chicken ;-) The Bering box controls a rather busy
connection and has some mission-critical traffic running through it. You
and the rest of the Bering team have build such a solid product that I
suspect very few of us ever bother upgrading on a regular basis. OTOH, it
will give me a chance to slip in a current USB version. I'm tired of bad
floppies.

Btw, the reason for upgrading OpenSwan is that I need to connect the
router to a Sonicwall vpn box at the other end. Do any of you have such
experience and/or tips? I'm following the suggestions on the OpenSwan
site.

Thanks,
Stephen