Hi, working with the new 3.1.1b2 release.

I am working with the floppy image in a pretty near-to-defaults setup,
just to try to get the pppd working (PPPoE actually).

I'm having trouble getting the pppd to behave - in the syslog I'm
seeing, every time I try to cause a PPPoE connection, my attempt ending
with:
> Mar 29 12:55:54 firewall pppd[618]: Local IP address changed to
> 69.196.xxx.yyy
> Mar 29 12:55:54 firewall pppd[618]: Remote IP address changed to
> 206.248.xxx.yyy
> Mar 29 12:55:54 firewall pppd[618]: Fatal signal 11
(Is this 'Fatal signal 11' a SIGSEGV exception?)

There's other odd stuff that happens, but this seems to be the show
stopper. I do have the proper PPPoE-supporting modules loading up. When
my pppd daemon loads it reports early this odd entry, in logfile messages:
> Mar 29 12:55:52 firewall pppd[  618]: local  IP address 10.64.64.64
> Mar 29 12:55:52 firewall pppd[  618]: remote IP address 10.112.112.112
but then proceeds to have a fruitful negotiation & authentication and
gets assigned a proper dynamic, public IP addy as reported in daemon.log
(IPCP ConfAck id=0x2, IPCP ConfAck id=0x2d, etc) and as seen in the
syslog file, but then immediately gives the 'Fatal signal 11' error.

So I wonder first, is anyone else successfully using pppd (PPPoE) under
BuC 3.1.1b2?

And does this 'Fatal signal 11' indicate maybe a problem with the
executable, or compile options?

Cheers & thx for any leads!
scott