From: Ken Gentle [mailto:jkennethgen...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, August 07, 2009 8:51 AM
To: Dillabough, Dave
Cc: Erich Titl; leaf-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [leaf-user] Project Admin

I still use floppies for config files.  It is the easiest configuration for a
software geek to mangle together - take a floppy off an old system, plug in the
IDE cable and you're in business.  My earliest LEAF systems (Dachstein and
uClibc Bering) ran completely off of the floppy (on a 486DX w 16Mb of RAM)

I'm interested in the CF media or moving off old PC platforms to something like
the Alix platform.  But that is a lot  of hardware/low level software learning
curve.

Having said all that, I do boot my current systems from CD and just save
configuration to floppy.  I believe that would work nicely with a 2.6 kernel.

Ken
On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 18:39, Dillabough, Dave