On Thu, 2010-12-23 at 13:38 +0200, Andrew wrote:
> 23.12.2010 01:09, Victor McAllister пишет:
> > I did the following to build my compact flash.
> >
> > I put syslinux on a Compact flash and copied the files to the CF from a
> > windows box.
> >
> > I the booted the 486 iso version the CF attached through a USB port
> >
> > mount -t vfat /dev/sdb /mnt1 to mount the compact flash
> > *******
> > edited syslinux.cfg like this for a serial console
> >
> > serial 0 19200
> > DISPLAY syslinux.dpy
> > TIMEOUT 0
> > APPEND CONSOLE=ttyS0,19200n8
> > APPEND reboot=bios VERBOSE=1
> > DEFAULT /syslinux/linux initrd=initrd.lrp rw root=/dev/ram0
> > LEAFCFG=/dev/sda1
> LEAFCFG=... is on next line after DEFAULT? If yes - there is a source of
> your troubles :) Place it on the same line or add before it directive
> APPEND.

Hi Victor,

Have you tried starting with
Bering-uClibc_4.0-beta1_geode_syslinux_ser.tar.gz instead of the
i486_syslinux_vga variant?

That image file is pre-configured for Serial Consoles (the "ser" suffix)
and also for the Geode CPU on the ALIX boards. I am not sure whether the
WRAP boards have a compatible Geode CPU, but it is worth a try.

For Serial Consoles you also need a pre-configured /etc/inittab as
included in the configdb.lrp file on the geode_syslinux_ser image.

If there is a demand for a preconfigured i486_syslinux_ser image we can
certainly add that to the list for Beta2.

davidMbrooke