Hi

at 27.12.2010 17:59, davidMbrooke wrote:
>> On Thu, 2010-12-23 at 21:16 -0800, Victor McAllister wrote:
..

> Victor and I have been exchanging messages off-list and we have found
> and fixed the problem. The summary is:
>
> 1. The Bering-uClubc 4.0-beta1 initrd file was missing the "pata_sc1200"
> kernel Module required for the IDE controller on the WRAP board. Despite
> LEAFCFG being set correctly the system could not see /dev/sda1.
> Unfortunately it is not simply a case of extracting pata_sc1200.ko from
> modules.tgz, since it is not there either.
>
> 2. The Geode kernel does not work on the WRAP boards, only on the ALIX
> boards. The plain i486 kernel *does* work on the WRAP board, but there
> is no i486 "serial console" disk Image for 4.0-beta1.
>
> Both these problems will be fixed in 4.0-beta2.

I looked into the same thing myself last night, it is kind of
disappointing that we don't use/have a generic IDE/ATA driver to get the
whole shebang started.

Lucky for me, I am using a dual boot on the WRAP, which allows to boot
into a running version and have access to the CF to copy the necessary
files to a separate partition.

I will probably build my own WRAP initrd, which can be a lot smaller
than the one for 486, as there is only a limited number of drivers
necessary for that board. The same may be true for the ALIX board.

cheers

Erich