On 1/1/2011 4:19 PM, Jim Dancer wrote:
> Hi -
>
> I have been using Leaf for a while (currently running 3.1.1- latest 2.4
> kernel) and have not really had any complaints at all but recently my
> wife acquired a BlackBerry Torch but she cannot connect to the internet
> using our local Wifi setup. We are using a WPA-PSK setup and the device
> appears to authenticate properly and obtain a DHCP address and DNS
> information from the server but no matter what I try the phone simply
> won't make a connection to the internet. Does anyone have any similar
> experience? There seem to be lots of complaints all over the net related
> to commercial routers but none seem directly applicable to my situation.
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Sincerely
>
> JimD

I am not a blackberry user - but it seams it uses tcp port 3101 for
communications.

Assuming you are assigning a fixed ip of 192.168.1.4 (via dnsmasq), then
in the Shorewall rules file

# Blackberry
ACCEPT    net                loc:192.168.1.4  tcp       3101

Try that and see it that allows access to the Blackberry servers.

Victor