greetings.  still working on getting my configuration to 100%.  still having a
few issues that i need assistance with.

this time it's shorewall.  i'm trying to apply general port forwarding rules in
/etc/shorewall/rules

example (remote desktop):
DNAT        net       loc:192.168.1.196    tcp 3389

save, and restart shorewall via 'shorewall restart'

as part of the output, i get the following errors:
Shorewall configuration compiled to /var/lib/shorewall/.restart
sh: invalid number 'Jan'
sh: invalid number '%_d'
sh: invalid number '19:24:19'
Processing /etc/shorewall/params ...
Jan %_d 19:24:19 Processing /etc/shorewall/params ..Usage:
/var/lib/shorewall/.restart [ options ] [
start|stop|clear|down|reset|refresh|restart|status|up|version ]

i spoke to the people in the shorewall IRC channel on freenode, and they said
to talk to the leaf people: "They have a fix that works around the limited
'date' program on Bering"

as a side note that may or may not be relevant, my date/time on the firewall
are not correct. haven't had success in setting that yet, either.

thanks in advance.