Tom Erjavec (or anybody else interested in the Asterisk VOIP PBX for
Bering-uClibc 4.x),

I have created a buildtool definition for Asterisk 1.8.2.3, compiled it
against Bering-uClibc 4.0-beta2 and loaded both the buildtool Source and
the .lrp Packages into my "devel" area in the SourceForge CVS.

The asterisk executable dies with a segmentation fault on my test
machine. I have spent several hours trying to fix this without success.
However I have identified that a workaround is to run asterisk with the
"-p" command-line option (or with "highpriority = yes" specified
in /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf) so I am releasing the code as-is so that
you can start to experiment with configuring it. It is possible that my
low-spec test machine is simply not powerful enough to run asterisk
properly.

Note that this is "Alpha Test" software and is NOT included in the  Beta
releases of Bering-uClibc 4.0. When (if?) we get confidence that it
actually works we can consider including it in a Beta and then in the
subsequent formal release. It will not make it into 4.0.

Details are on the Wiki page:
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/leaf/index.php?title=Bering-uClibc_4.x_-_User_Guide_-_Advanced_Topics_-_Setting_Up_a_VOIP_Server#Asterisk

Note that some of the .lrp files are very large. They took a long time
to upload to CVS and will probably take a long time to download. Start
with just asterisk.lrp and astsmpls.lrp unless you are sure you need the
sounds and the moh (music-on-hold) files.

If anyone tries this please advise whether you get it to work at all,
and on what spec of machine.

davidMbrooke