On Sat, 2011-03-12 at 11:01 +0100, Michal Kepien wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> After installing Bering-uClibc 4.0-beta3 and trying to launch Openswan
> (which worked fine with 4.0-beta2), I get the following:
>
> # /etc/init.d/ipsec start
> ipsec_setup: Starting Openswan IPsec 2.6.31...
>
> ipsec_setup: No KLIPS support found while requested, desperately falling
> back to netkey
>
> ipsec_setup: Even NETKEY support is not there, aborting
>
> # dmesg | grep -i ipsec
> [   47.478037] ipsec: disagrees about version of symbol module_layout
>
> Trying to modprobe the ipsec module manually produces the same error
> message in dmesg and the following message on the console:
>
> # modprobe ipsec
> modprobe: can't load module ipsec (ipsec.ko): invalid module format
>
> The ipsec module loaded without any problems under Bering-uClibc
> 4.0-beta2. Can anyone confirm this and look into the matter? I'll be
> happy to do any testing you may need.

Hi Michal,

Which -beta3 Image are you using? I have no problem loading the ipsec
Module using Bering-uClibc_4.0-beta3_i686_syslinux_vga.tar.gz

Messages like "disagrees about version" normally mean that the module
version does not match the kernel version. There is a new kernel version
for -beta3. Are you sure you are using the -beta3 version of ipsec.ko?

dMb