On Sat, 2011-03-12 at 19:44 +0100, Michal Kepien wrote:
> > Which -beta3 Image are you using? I have no problem loading the ipsec
> > Module using Bering-uClibc_4.0-beta3_i686_syslinux_vga.tar.gz
>
> I'm using the same image.
>
> > Messages like "disagrees about version" normally mean that the module
> > version does not match the kernel version. There is a new kernel version
> > for -beta3. Are you sure you are using the -beta3 version of ipsec.ko?
>
> Yeah, I've double-checked. Maybe I have messed something up while
> upgrading from 4.0-beta2. I'll try doing a fresh install next week. By
> the way, is there any document out there describing how to properly
> upgrade the system from a previous version? I've been looking for it,
> but haven't found anything.

AFAIK there is not a simple description of how to upgrade. It is
something that needs to be added to the Wiki user guide.

Personally I tend to re-apply all the configuration from scratch,
following my own documented procedure, but normally it is sufficient to:
   * Load all of the files from the new disk Image
   * Edit leaf.cfg as necessary
   * Preserve the old configdb.lrp
   * Re-create moddb.lrp with the new versions of modules that were
previously in moddb.lrp

As Andrew noted, you probably have an old copy of moddb.lrp.

For the record, the -beta3 i686 ipsec.ko is 378835 bytes and sha1sum is
de47509a019befa7f4bda0db741cdf6e27d10f64

dMb