On 13 Sep 2011, at 15:44, Erich Titl wrote:

> Trev
>
> at 13.09.2011 14:52, Trev Peterson wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I need ISC's dhcpd version 3 or 4 so that I can get the DNS updating
>> functionality.  If anyone has information/suggestions about these
>> version on bering-uclib I'd very much appreciate hearing it.  In
>> particular I have the following questions:
>>
>> 1. Is anyone running version 3 or 4 currently?
>
> I used to run V3 some time in the past on a number of systems, right now
> I have pppoe connections, so no itch.
>

>> 2. Are we running version 2 to save space as I suspect or are their
>> other concerns?
>
> I guess most people just don't care.
>

>> 3. Has anyone compiled it using buildtool for previous bering-uclibc
>> versions and were there any issues or things I should watch out for?
>
> Must have compiled it several times, no issues normally.
>

>> 4. Any advice for a new dev (first foray into using buildtool if no one
>> has a package already)?
>
> I am surprised it is still V2 in BuC4.x
>
> cheers
>
> Erich

I have a v4 Package that is pretty much ready to be added to the next Beta
release, in place of the existing v2 Package. I created it primarily for DHCPv6
(i.e. IPv6 DHCP) so it could use some testing for regular (IPv4) DHCP and I
have do no testing on DHCP updates.

Trev: I can send you the source files off-list for you to try compiling and
testing, if you like.

davidMbrooke