After three or four years of pretty much ignoring LEAF because 3x was
*just working* on a couple of Soekris and WRAP boards I'm trying to
upgrade the latter to 4.1.  And failing.  The failure comes because
the packages described in leaf.cfg can't be loaded:

[   13.574839]  sda: sda1 sda2 sda3 sda4
[   13.627354] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Attached SCSI removable disk
LINUXRC: Installing -  root: root(nf!)  etc: etc(nf!)  local: local(nf!)
config: config(nf!)  configdb: configdb(nf!)  moddb: moddb(nf!) - Finished.
LINUXRC: Loaded Packages
can't run '/etc/init.d/rcS': No such file or directory

Please press Enter to activate this console.
/ #

My confusion (and lack of experience with 2.6 kernels on IDE hardware)
starts with those sda device nodes.  I expect the kernel to create hda
devices on a WRAP board, but it created sda devices instead.  There
are no ide modules to be found -- but docs suggest the 2.6 equivalent
is pata_legacy, which lsmod shows is loaded.

BTW, I'm booting with grub, so both grub's conf file and leaf.cfg must
agree on the device path.  I've tried changing both from /dev/hda3 to
/dev/sda3 without success.  I've also tried manually mounting /dev/sda
devices from the recovery console I'm dumped into.  No luck -- though
when I boot the 3.1 LEAF in /dev/hda2 all partitions are mountable, so
I know they're fine.

Can anybody point me at docs or otherwise get me started debugging
this?

Thanks,

--Eric
* From the desktop of: Eric House, eeho...@eehouse.org                       *
*       Crosswords for Android now in beta: via the Market or xwords.sf.net  *