Have you tried looking in the Shorewall log to see what packets are being
rejected?

-----Original Message-----
From: Boris [mailto:bo...@cation.de]
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2013 9:17 AM
To: leaf-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [leaf-user] shorewall challenge

Hej all,

I'm looking for help in a shorewall rule thing:

There's a local software on 192.168.20.1 communicating on some ports with
several hosts in the net, so the rules sound like

ACCEPT     loc:192.168.20.1     net:host1.theirdom.de    80,443
ACCEPT     loc:192.168.20.1     net:host2.theirdom.de    80,999

host1 is resolved to a different IP than host2.

Because the communication still doesn't work, I was asking (at least three
times) for the complete set of communications that have to be accepted and got
new rules every time.
Now, that it's beginning to hurt, they tell me I should accept traffic to all
hosts *.theirdom.de. In fact, theirdom.de cannot be resolved.

So, what to do? Is it possible to work with a wildcard? The longer I think
about, it seems to be nonsense....

!!??

Regards,

Boris