I have a number of 4.x Leaf boxes that it is probably past time to upgrade.

I was considering creating a script that I would run on a generically
installed, current Leaf box that would copy over the configuration files
from the old firewall, so that most of the work in upgrading would be in
imaging the new box and physically installing it.

Does this have any chance of working well?  I know some packages may no
longer be supported, and I'm willing to manually upgrade/replace those,
but I'd like to automate whatever I can.

- Bob Coffman