Hi Sven

Am 20.01.2016 um 18:32 schrieb Sven Kirmess:
> On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 11:03 PM, Erich Titl <erich.t...@think.ch> wrote:
>

>>> rsyslog has RELP to reliable transfer syslog messages to a remote server,
>>> but Bering-uClibc uses syslog-ng. If I understood it correctly syslog-ng
>>> has RLTP as a reliable protocol, but only in the commercial version.

..

> That's the normal UDP syslog protocol, which is unreliable. The client
> sends the message but doesn't care if the message is received and written
> to disk on the remote server. That means you're going to lose all log
> messages whenever the remote server reboots or is shut down for maintenance
> or when the syslog daemon is shut down for an upgrade or even when the
> switch in between reboots because of an upgrade.
>
> That's why rsyslog implemented the RELP protocol, which doesn't lose
> massages in these situations:
>
> <http://blog.gerhards.net/2008/04/on-unreliability-of-plain-tcp-syslog.html>

I see, you want reliable central logging not archiving logs.

So you have a number of options

- implement rsyslog in your own fork or convince KP to switch
- implement the commercial syslog-ng in your own fork
- there are plugins to ulogd/nflog which you may use
- you might write to a db and see if there are replication tools available
- you could write local and remote logs and see if they can be
synchronized using rsync
- and for sure about a zillion other ways.

cheers

ET