IMHO SLC is overkill for logging - they are rare and there's no big
amount data logged. And IMHO even usual USB flash stick will be OK. In
any case, this isn't a mission-critical info that stored on it.

Usual MLC when used as flashcache device on heavy loaded DB server works
OK near 1 year - with tens (or hundreds) of GBs written every day.

So I think that usual MLC with some Phison/Silicon image controller will
work for a years if it'll be used with fs that has TRIM support