On 28/03/16 10:17, kp kirchdoerfer wrote:
> What Fritzbox do you use?
> Have you activated pppoe passthrough so the FB is only used as modem?
>
> kp

Hi KP,
It's a Fritzbox 7272.

I don't yet have VOIP enable (by Telekom). I want the simplest possible
configuration (i.e. just the Fritzbox) for the 'changeover' day (14th.
April). Trying to explain LEAF to a Telekom "engineer" (ha-ha) is just
wasting time. They do know what a Fritzbox is, so I just want that
connected to the wires on 14 April. I like a simple life - rarely get
it, though :=)

At the moment, all is working on the Fritzbox alone (except the built-in
DHCP server doesn't do proper internal DDNS (like dnsmasq), so I've
filled out the hosts file on every machine (I've about 15 PCs and
devices to manage - more than I thought). It's all working - just not as
I want it.

The 7272 doesn't mention PPPOE pass-through, but it does allow it's WAN
port to do IP , so I could (later) put the Fritz behind the LEAF, acting
solely as a VOIP interface.
OR (what I really want)
is to put the LEAF as a purely IP router behind the Fritz, using this
only as a split between 'Internet' and VOIP. I.e. the Fritz acts just as
a Modem as far as the (non-VOIP) network is concerned.
This puts my network directly on the LEAF box, which I trust far more
than I do Mr. Fritz (which also had WLAN of unknown security and various
dangerous protocols, for example 'UPN' running).
Still plugging at the interface. When connected to a switch, it shows
manic activity, but when connected to a PC with a cross cable there are
no packets. I'm starting to wonder if it is damaged. Maybe I'll
reconfigure to use only 3 interfaces and try that.

Many thanks,

Bob

--
The Sun is out, the sky is blue, it's time to drive the MR2.