Hi

Am 20.09.2016 um 08:53 schrieb Andrew:
> Hi.

>> I _believe_ the behaviour of dnsmasq is the problem here. The timing of
>> dhcp is not deterministic and whoever relies on data from a different
>> job needs to check the status of this prerequisite.
> And even more, I think that it'll be a trouble here when IP address will
> change (for ex., during some maintenance in ISP)

This can happen anytime, so the dnsmasq daemon should watch changes at
least in the resolv.conf file and reconfigure if this happens. I don't
know if it does.

We might need a generic control daemon, which watches changes in
configuration files and triggers reconfiguration or restart of daemon
processes.

cheers

Erich