On 2009 Oct 11, at 12:43, Joe Gwinn wrote:
Here is my posting to the POSIX Committee (and Austin Group) on the requirements, summarizing debate up till then:

<http://www.opengroup.org/austin/mailarchives/austin-group-l/ msg02131.html>

One other practical requirement exists as a result of currently
deployed solutions.

The value of time_t must have a simple correspondence to one
of the existing broadcast time scales.  For most ensembles of
systems that time scale has to be whatever time scale is specified
by the ITU-R, but as we have read, some ensembles of systems
do choose GPS time.

--
Steve Allen               <s...@ucolick.org>              WGS-84 (GPS)
UCO/Lick Observatory      Natural Sciences II, Room 165  Lat  +36.99855