Post the proposal.  This is an international standard, discussions should be
public.  "Key figures" should participate in this list, not run to ground.

"Perspective" is not a monopoly.  Declaring that "we're going to break it now,
but reserve the right to fix it later" is not a strong argument for immediate
change.

Rob