In message <ad679e84-72ae-4f73-8366-404f9cfcb...@bsdimp.com>, Warner Losh write
s:

>Both are approximations of the "well, you should only hunt when
>it is light enough" and nobody carries around tables of times and
>everybody generally agrees when it is dusk or dawn.

In Denmark we actually have a several centuries old legal definition
of dusk and dawn, promulgated by none other than Astronomer Ole Römer:

        Civil twilight:  Sun less than 6 degrees under the horizon
        Nautical twilight:  Sun less than 12 degrees under the horizon
        Astronomical twilight:  Sun less than 18 degrees under the horizon

p...@freebsd.org         | TCP/IP since RFC 956