On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 12:29, Poul-Henning Kamp <p...@phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:

> I would like your comments on this API proposal, if we can agree
> that it workable, I am willing to push it, hard, in the UNIX world.

FWIW, I like it and I wish we will have something like this in a not
to distant future.

Only a small nit:

> A IEEE binary128 number containing time on the TAI timescale
> counted in SI seconds since 2012-01-20 00:00:00 UTC.  The exact
> epoch is not imporant, but it is a good idea to make it different
> from all other currently used epochs, to make programmer mistakes
> clearly visible.

Why not use the TAI epoch instead, as to not multiply needlessly epochs.

> ]] int tai_time(realtime_t *timestamp, double *error);

Or, if you don't use the TAI epoch, then it would be better not to use
the tai_ prefix.

(BTW, first message to the list.  Lurking for some months. Hi all)

P.