In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "M. Warner Losh" writes:

>I think that it depends on the model of oncore receiver. The M12+
>appears to cache the almanac wrt leap seconds for a period of time
>after power is removed from them (I'm sure it does this if the power
>is off for minutes, I'm sure it doesn't if it is off all weekend, but
>don't know where the cutoff point is).

The real test is to power off, disconnect antenna and power on.  If
it reports leap second status then, it must clearly trust the
cached almanac 100%.

My conclusion was that it didn't until it had seen a timestamp
from a satellite which would confirm that the almanac was current.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]         | TCP/IP since RFC 956