In message: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
            Rob Seaman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
: Warner Losh objects:
:
: >> There are several doughty people here who happen to have that
: >> opinion, but they abide with us mortals outside the time lords'
: >> hushed inner sanctum.
: >
: > I have spent much time explaining why leap seconds cause real
: > problems in real applications, only to be insulted like this.
:
: Sincere apologies for my awkward statement.  Dictionary.com defines
: "doughty" as "marked by stouthearted courage; brave".  I wasn't
: questioning the knowledge or passion of folks holding views that
: differ from my own.  Rather I was attempting to question whether
: anybody actively participating on this list - holding whatever view -
: is also participating in ITU discussions.
:
: I see that Mr. Cowan has also parsed my admittedly opaque remarks.

Yes.  I'm sorry I was so easily offended.  Please accept my appologies
for my hasty words.

Warner