Thanks for the response.  Maybe I should have made it more clear that the
first line in my ledger was for the pricesdb which would give ledger the
daily conversion rate for BTC-GBP, which from what I read should be enough.

P 2020/06/29 BTC 7497.15 GBP

I feel like ledger was made to do this, just not clear on how to make it do
it as a virtual posting.