I understand what you are saying. My qusetion now is: How do I fix it?
Do I edit my ledger file and put a minus sign before all credit card
transactions? Or only before payments I've made to the card? Is the way I
enter my credit card transactions incorrect? Do I go to the start of the
file and edit opening balances?

Thanks