No, I had the opening credit card balance from back in July as a negative
number. One last question, if I may.
If I have a credit card balance of $500.00 but only pay $200.00 is this
correct:

2020/09/01 Bank
    Liabilities:Credit Card   $200.00  ; partial payment
    Assets:Checking

or is there some way to indicate this is a partial payment against a
$500.00 outstanding balance?

Thank you