"I thought that by adding the ; [=DATE] in methods 2 and 3 I was recording
the day the paypal account was settled, am I wrong?"
You are putting the date in a comment which means it has no effect on the
reports that Ledger generates. It is not necessarily wrong but I prefer to
see a one to one correspondence between Ledger transactions and entries in
external (bank) accounts. It makes reconciliation much easier.

"In fact I meant the Paypal account because in this scenario I actually
have an AED account in my Paypal wallet that I periodically top-up.
Therefore, when I want to settle the transaction, I basically do an
internal exchange conversion within my Paypal wallet"
Maybe you should do your transaction like this?:
2021/04/01 * Currency Exchange
    Assets:Paypal:EUR      25.00 EUR @@ 100.00 AED
    Assets:Paypal:AED