The referee was terrible.

If he saw nowt, then surely there should've been no bookings? If he saw the stamp, the brazen and completely obvious stamp, then it is a red card. Simple really.

Sent from my iPhone

On 16 Aug 2010, at 23:03, "Brian Hamilton" <br...@wandering-rogue.fsnet.co.uk > wrote:

Ed

Sorry but I have to resort to the Wenger defence of I didn't see it. I was carefully crafting 26 new referees yesterday when the game was played and my trips to the kitchen and bathroom have unfortunately coincided with the
brief highlights shown on the tv since the game.

It's certainly something we old lags tell the new referees to watch out for,
i.e. the cause of the retaliation we see, rather than the original
infringement that we sometimes miss. A caution apiece is often the best we
can manage in such circumstances.

I would add that I'm disappointed to see comments such as the referee being "out of his depth" being picked up as a mantra amongst the media (not you Ed) on a couple of games this weekend. It's a deflecting tactic adopted by managers of teams who have suffered unexpected defeats or conceded late
goals to snatch a draw (or defeat) from the jaws of victory. Shameful
really.

Brian
(Retired Ref on the list but terrorising referees now that he assesses their
performance and tells them they are crap or not as the case may be).

-----Original Message-----
From: leedslist-boun...@gn.apc.org [mailto:leedslist- boun...@gn.apc.org] On
Behalf Of Ed Morrish
Sent: 15 August 2010 16:43
To: Ian Murray
Cc: leedslist@gn.apc.org
Subject: Re: [LU] Forest

Re: the stamp. Not as clear-cut as that. Watt did an old pro's trick -
looked for the defender's foot and "accidentally" trod on his toes (being sure to be looking elsewhere, so he could do the "oh sorry mage, didn't see you there..."). Hunter's reaction was to stamp heavily, Johnson barges him, it all goes off. Yellow cards to both is probably fair, but I'll defer to
Brian (or any other ROTL) for an FA