Well I’m completely underwhelmed by the transfer activity of today and the last
few days.  Then to cap it all we lose last season’s player of the year and main
goal-scorer, on the final day of the window with no chance of signing a
replacement.

I think up to now we’ve been bloody lucky that Clayton, Nunez, Lees and
McCormack have all really out-performed expectations, but I really can’t see
how we can replace Max easily.  Sorry Rich I can’t see White stepping up to be
the replacement, and Lloyd Sam is a fair player but not the threat that Gradel
would be.

I’ve also got to say that Grayson has spent a lot of time stressing how
important it is that we kept hold of Gradel, just look at the old news items on
the officious site.  So how can he spin it out to be a positive now he’s gone?

I don’t necessarily agree with all signings Leicester have made, but if there
is one team with the clout to make those sort of signings in this division, it
should be Leeds.  The lack of activity today must mean that Grayson is happy
with the squad he’s got because he is making no effort at all to improve it.
I know it is mainly a PR exercise to be involved in the transfer speculation,
but it does show the fans that you are trying to make that big signing.

Grayson will be judged on how much progress is made this season and whilst I
admire his loyalty to Bates, he has to stand up for himself at some point and
say that he s being hamstrung by the owners for funds to improve the team.

We can forget about promotion or even the play-offs now. 4 points from 5 games
is relegation form, and the squad is beginning to look like a relegation squad
too.  10 points from the next 5 games  are needed to get a foothold or the
season is over before the end of September

KOT.

RCUK Shared Services Centre Limited (RCUK SSC Ltd) is a limited company
registered in England and Wales (with company number 6330639) and has its
registered address as North Star House, North Star Avenue, Swindon, Wiltshire
SN2 1FF.

This email may have a protective marking, for an explanation please see
http://www.ssc.rcuk.ac.uk/fin/Documents/RCUKSharedServiceCentreLtd.pdf.

This email and any attachments are intended for the named addressee(s) only. If
you are not the intended recipient, please notify RCUK SSC Ltd immediately and
do not disclose, distribute, or retain this email or any part of it. While RCUK
SSC Ltd has taken every reasonable precaution to minimise risk of this e-mail
or any attachments containing viruses, the recipient should carry out its own
virus checks before opening the attachments. RCUK SSC Ltd does not accept any
liability for any losses or damages which the recipient may sustain due to
presence of any viruses. RCUK SSC Ltd reserves the right to monitor all e-mail
communications through their networks for the purposes of preventing and
detecting crime.