From: leedslist-boun...@gn.apc.org [mailto:leedslist-boun...@gn.apc.org] On
Behalf Of Simon Austin
Sent: 02 September 2011 11:12
To: leedslist@gn.apc.org
Subject: Re: [LU] Bates reveals Gradel fee

Seems to be some confusion... the impression I got was the £1.75m was after the
5% to the league and the 17.5% to Lester.

"We had to let him go (in the end); not that we wanted him to go. And it's not
a particularly good deal for us; to be fair, we bought him for
£100,000 from Leicester and they had a 17.5 per cent sell-on. So the fee we
get, they get 17.5 per cent.

"There's (also) a five per cent levy which goes to the league. But we've still
got a substantial sum which is about 1.75m net over a year and that goes into
Simon's (transfer) pot."

>From http://bit.ly/rjZ8oF

Of course one might not believe anything that comes out of Bates's mouth...

- Si

On 02/09/11 10:39, John Boocock wrote:
> On 02/09/2011 09:53, Richard Walker wrote:
>> 1.75 million with 17.5% going to Leicester.
>
> and 5% to the FL
>
> ie £1,400,00 less the 100,000 we paid for him = £1,300,000 profit
>
> which will just about pay for "Lady Penelope". She is moored on the
> east coast of Mallorca in the port of Cala Do'r directly in front of
> the yacht club. She is currently valued at 1.3 million pounds
> sterling, but offers over 1.2 million pounds sterling would be
> considered
>
> get in there Batesy, you know you want to

MARCHING ON TOGETHER (There's it)

Information in this email including any attachments may be privileged,
confidential and is intended exclusively for the addressee. The views expressed
may not be official policy, but the personal views of the originator. If you
have received it in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete
it from your system. You should not reproduce, distribute, store, retransmit,
use or disclose its contents to anyone. Please note we reserve the right to
monitor all e-mail communication through our internal and external networks.
SKY and the SKY marks are trade marks of British Sky Broadcasting Group plc and
are used under licence. British Sky Broadcasting Limited (Registration No.
2906991), Sky Interactive Limited (Registration No. 3554332), Sky-In-Home
Service Limited (Registration No. 2067075) and Sky Subscribers Services Limited
(Registration No. 2340150) are direct or indirect subsidiaries of British Sky
Broadcasting Group plc (Registration No. 2247735). All of the companies
mentioned in this paragraph are incorporated in England and Wales and share the
same registered office at Grant Way, Isleworth, Middlesex TW7 5QD.