Rich W wrote:

> Sorry 36 appearances.

Sorry but I think you need to put your stats into context Rich
You claim 10 goals in 36 appearances, which is a strike rate of 28%, is not
good enough, but fail to say what is good enough.

In fact which of the following stats suggest the best striker when taken
over the same season with the same team: -
Would you pick contestant A - 4 goals in 26 appearances, a strike rate of
15%
Or would you pick contestant B - 11 goals in 31 appearances, a strike rate
of 35
Or perhaps you'd like contestant C - 13 goals in 35 appearances, a strike
rate of 37%,
Or perhaps you'd plump for contestant D - 20 goals in 44 appearances, a
strike rate of 45%.

The choice Rich is yours, do we take out and shoot contestant A, B, C or D?

> It was never his goalscoring that troubled me it's his general lack of
ability and

As against everyone else's general lack of ability to get into the 6 yard
box, you mean?

> affect he has on the way we play when he's in the team. If he's not
scoring 6
> yard tap ins then you might as well have Lionel Blair in the team.

I'd rather have him scoring 6 yard tap ins than no fcuker scoring anything
though, wouldn't you?

> Going to Barnsley , hopefully he will be dropped if not my Christmas / New
Year
> is ruined .

Which would ruin it more? Becchio dropped and we lose, or Becchio play and
we win?

Cheers
Paul