I don't know from here, how many LU fans also go to Rhinos games.  But after
reading the Doncaster website bitching, and rightly so, about their game with
LU today being an A game and high ticket prices, I began to wonder what all the
commotion was about re the Leeds Rhinos beating Manley.  I watched all the
highlights on YouTube and learned a lot......much more atmosphere.....have no
idea about the attendance, but it sounded as though it was way higher than the
LU-Rovers game.

I had the pleasure of doing the commentary of the first two years the Vancouver
Whitecaps were in the old North American Soccer League...1974 and '75.  We
began with crowds of 6500 or so.  I tried to tell the G.M. of the club that the
ticket prices were way out of line....prove yourselves first and then go for
it.  I know LU doesn't need to prove themselves after almost 100 years....but
their pricing is still way out of line.
I suggested our club go near half the price and fill the stadium....better than
high prices and not even a quarter-filled.  they disagreed naturally...tried to
go the cheap route and died along with the league.  Now, in MLS the club is
back....fans pay less than they did almost 30 years ago....and they near sell
out.

My point....what ever happened to the Elland Road capacity of 40,006 and why
can't that bloody owner of ours realise it's better to fill the stadium than
not.

I may be 73 years old.....but I am a realist.  Getting to the PL is one thing,
but you won't stay there with virtual Championship League players if that.  I'd
sooner have some git from Saudi or somewhere who is willing to spend in order
to advance.  Even that Russian who owns Chelsea is causing a lot of ruffles in
spending millions and not getting the titles he so desires so much.....at least
its fun in hearing the ups and downs about that club.  I'm not hearing much
about how a certain LU owner is vying for a spot in the PL for next season.
Except his choice of new manager may help somewhat....but a 3-2 win over
Doncaster, the last-place team, didn't give me much hope, considering it was
supposedly an easy home game.

John Sykes