I think match repors are still alowed on the list - but as with the BBC I
should point out that reports are available elsewhere. Well it was my birthday
yesterday so the match was watched through even more beer goggles than unusal
mixed with morphine so things may be a bit hazy
Not sure why but Smith made way for Bruce at right back and Pugh came in for
Delph in centre midfield with Townsend making a welcome return. There is a
fooball cliche 'a game of 2 halves'  well this was one of those games but where
the scond half started as soon as they got their second. Up until then we had
bee vey much second best - they , as has often seemed to be the case against
local teams, were more up for it than we were and showed more passion and
belief. The lad next to me kept pointing out how good they were playing, but as
I pointed out , that was partly down to us letting them and wasting the ball -
they are bottom for a reason. We rode our luck , a stange back heel from a
foward totally unmarked in the box hit the post and later on a thundering long
range shot hit the bar. The odious wind up merchant that is El Haj Diouf pretty
much ran the show and looed a class above football wise and a class below
human-wise. Best chant of the day was
 'Brucie knock him out' when Bruce and Diouf clashed in the box, followed by
'we'll pay your fine for you'. So it was no surprise that they took the lead
whneDiouf chipped it forward, Lonners smothered it welll but their striker
reacted quicker than our defenders and slotted home. The game looked dead and
buried when the winger beat Bruce too easily and his deep cross was missed by
our defenders and was put back across, it may have been going in but whatever
the other unmarked striker tapped it home from a yard out.

Whether what happened mext can be attributed in any way to Warnock I don't know
but from that moment things changed.and we upped it a gear or two. Townsend
fired one into the corner after good lay back from Pugh. Then Snoddy beat the
full back and put in a cross that Clayton met  brilliantly with a first time
volley. The players and the corwd had come to life. Robbie Rogers came on for
his debut  but with his second touch was invloved in a collision that led to
them both beig stretchered off after a long delay. There was still time for us
to win it though. An awful shot form Becchio 40 yards out hit one of our
players and bounced back to Bechio who hit it again, this time sweetly from the
edgeof the box and in it flew. A great finsih from him and a great finish to
the game. Unlike Ipswcih we came away yesterday happy with the way things had
gone on in the end .One other point of note, every time the anti Bates
schantingstrted up it was met with some
 booing. I think a lot of fans whant that sort ofstuff to be kept outside the
stadium..
I am not sure if Smith is injured and I did see that Connolly was on the
bench,but whatever Bruce is not a right back !
Taking off Townsend also seemed a strange decision since he was causing them a
lot of problems.