First single: I'm pretty sure it was My Prerogative by Bobby Brown on cassingle.

First album: I was given a few Now That's What I Call Musics and the like, but
the first one I bought would have been High On The Happy Side by Wet Wet Wet.

First gig, a bit more credible: the Cranberries at the Target centre in
Minneapolis, summer 1996. All very sedate - an arena gig, all-seater. But three
days later I went to Cedarfest, an all-day gig in a car park, and not only saw
Ash, but met them after (there was no backstage). They very kindly gave me
beer, because as a 16 year old I'd never pass for 21 to buy it myself. Of
course, they were only 19 themselves...

Ed.